Italian Sausage Pasta

If you have company coming over, or you want to get ahead on your prep, try precooking and plating your ingredients for assembly later. We were having a group over for pasta. I grilled some Italian sausage and a red bell pepper and sauteed my onions. When the crowd finally assembled I threw my pasta in the water, warmed my tomatoes, meat and vegetables and assembled dinner fresh for the crew. The grilled flavor definitely came through and the pasta tasted amazingly fresh. But most importantly, I was able to enjoy my crowd, spending only 10 minutes in the kitchen. Its okay to put a big plate of comfort food in the middle of the table and apply liberally to the face.

This pasta featured Italian tomatoes canned with basil, grilled mild italian sausage, spinach, grilled red bell pepper, sauteed white onion and rigatoni pasta.

$3.00 per person. Well-rounded. Filling. Inexpensive. Flexible. Lots of good protein and vitamins. Eat the food that you enjoy, but make sure you can enjoy your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment