Three Little Words: Fried Shrimp Ravioli

Man, this was a little bit of prep because I made the ravioli myself but it sure was worth it. The recipe was very simple. The ravioli was filled with one large piece of shrimp and sealed with an egg wash. Then I deep fried them in a small sauce pan with about an inch of vegetable oil in it. They were left to dry on a paper towel while I finished the lot. I did 3 at a time so I could babysit them.

I brazed some shallot slivers in a sauté pan. That little sauté pan your aunt gave you for your wedding that is too small for everything, yep, the orange one... Use that. When a little singed and a little tender, I set those aside and deglazed my pan with a little heavy cream. I then let that reduce a little with a touch of lobster bas and that became my sauce. I slivered some leftover tomatoes and plated my ravioli. 

What was interesting was how the seafood flavored the entire noodle. The shrimp imparted some of its personality to the pasta. So, down go the ravs on the plate. Then your sauce. Then your fresh tomatoes and brazed shallots. Then sprinkle a little sea salt on top and Bob's yer uncle.

Ready? $2.50 per serving! Satisfying. Fun. Filling. Good as a dish or as finger food for a dinner-by-the-bite. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Your images are amazing! Did you just drop a poached shrimp in each of these?? Medium sized ones?? I'm guessing they have to be small enough to fit, but big enough to fill the pouch!

    ReplyDelete