Meat and Potatoes

We rarely eat beef, but when we eat beef we eat beef rarely. This could be done with your favorite cut of the steak or whatever is on sale. I chose a filet and split it with my wife.

I like simple things. This filet is was set out on the counter and seasoned an hour before grilling. I dust mine with a cajun seasoning that doesn't render a spicy hotness when grilled, but is sure a great compliment to the beef. It is an old habit. A good mixed peppercorn grind is good too. I tend not to salt until after grilling. Salt leaches moisture out of whatever you are cooking. I salt less and salt last.

I boiled my yukon golds and my purple potatoes in a very light brine and topped with tomatoes, a little parmesan and a sprig of rosemary. I also brazed some matchstick shallots because I had them around.

$5.50 per person. Less than a big fast food dinner. Tasty. Satisfying. Iron. Protein. Good food for company. Good food for just you. Just good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment